Benefits of Potassium

Benefits of Potassium

Potassium is an important mineral for the body . About 80% of the total potassium in the body is found in muscle cells, and the remaining 20% is found in bones and joints. It is found in the liver and red blood cells . Potassium is soluble in water and reacts rapidly. When dissolved in water, ions are formed. Therefore, it stimulates electricity in many parts of the body and supports many biological processes.

Here are some of the benefits of potassium :

Balancing fluids
About 60% of the body is made up of fluids. About 40% of these fluids are found in cells, abbreviated as ICF. The rest of the fluid is used to repair the cell’s blood, It is found in fluid in the lumbar spine and is abbreviated as ECF.

The amount of these liquids depends on the amount of potassium and iron they contain. It depends on the salts such as sodium. Potassium, in particular, is important in regulating ICF fluids.

ICF fluids and ECF fluids can cause problems for cells if they are out of balance. For example, when water leaks out of the cell, the cell shrinks, and when water enters the cell, the cell swells and explodes. Potassium balances fluids to prevent these problems.

One of the problems with fluid imbalance is dehydration. Severe dehydration can damage the heart and kidneys.

Working for the nervous system
The nervous system connects your brain with other parts of your body. Nerve signals are transmitted to the brain by the nervous system, which transmits them to the muscles and activates them.

Heartbeat Walking It all involves responding to something. Potassium binds to these charged ions to transmit these nerve signals. Low levels of potassium in the blood can lead to a decrease in nerve signals.

Controlling blood pressure
When sodium rises in the body, it raises blood pressure. It is more common in people with high blood pressure. Potassium removes excess sodium from the blood and helps regulate blood pressure. According to one study, people who ate potassium on a regular basis had an average of 6 units of high blood pressure, Low blood pressure is about 4 units lower. It can help control high blood pressure, which can lead to side effects such as heart disease and stroke . It can prevent stroke.

Preventing osteoporosis
Calcium is the key to bone health. High calcium loss can lead to bone and tooth decay. Research has shown that a diet rich in potassium can reduce the loss of calcium through the urine and prevent osteoporosis. A study of women between the ages of 45 and 55 found that those who received regular potassium had higher bone density.

Prevention of kidney stones
Calcium is the main ingredient in gallstones. When you urinate less, calcium builds up and builds up into stones. Potassium citrate lowers calcium in the urine. This reduces the risk of kidney stones.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *